About the role
At VSParticle we are passionate about innovation in nanotechnology for meaningful purposes. From our office in Delft, the Netherlands, we designed and developed a portfolio of Nanoparticle Generation and -Printing systems. Our current systems are research tools, allowing university researchers and R&D teams across the world to create new materials 10 times faster as with conventional systems! These new material combinations form the basis of revolutionary solutions for highly relevant applications, such as green hydrogen production and sensors for air quality measurements.
The goal of VSP goes beyond the research market and we are scaling the technology to move towards production equipment for industry. These larger systems require a Systems Engineering approach in order to deliver a reliable system with much high throughput. As Systems Engineer, you take full technical responsibility from feasibility to industrialisation release for series manufacturing. Your work will be focused on scaling our nanoparticle generation equipment, our current G1 system, to an industrial system for the green hydrogen iridium use case, the G2. For this role, we ask experience in Systems Engineering but also experience with at least one relevant technical domain (aerosols or flow, high voltage electronics, mechatronics, thermal design, and/or nanomaterials).
What will you be doing?
- Create system concepts supported by an external System Architect.
- Set up, lead and assist with feasibility studies.
- Specification of (sub)modules and definition of interfaces.
- Design, integration and testing of Alpha and Beta prototypes.
- Industrialisation and support the role out to series manufacturing.
- Be the owner of the System Requirements Specification.
- Manage outsourcing of some modules to contract R&D partners.
- Work in a multidisciplinary international project team and act as technical lead
What do we require from you?
- A degree in Mechatronics, Electrical, Mechanical or other relevant subject.
- >5 years of experience in a relevant role, meaning a lead role in an end-to-end system development of an industrial high-tech system.
- Experience with industrial equipment design is a plus
- Experience with at least one relevant technical domain (aerosols, high voltage circuits, mechatronics, thermal design and cooling, and/or nanomaterials).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Motivated to contribute towards providing solutions for some of the world’s biggest challenges.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and excitement to work in a dynamic scale-up
Why should you join VSParticle?
We are a fast-growing startup where you can contribute to revolutionize materials development, enabling researchers to find solutions for some of the largest planetary challenges (e.g., green hydrogen production, fuel cell development). We are based in a modern office with multiple labs in the centre of Delft, but also offer possibilities for hybrid work. We have a non-hierarchical organisational structure with a diverse and international group of colleagues. You can join the daily company lunch and participate to the regular social events we organize. Next to a good salary, we offer participation in our pension scheme, 30 holidays, travel allowance, a personal development budget and the possibility to lease a bicycle (yes, we are a Dutch company 😊).
If VSParticle and the job description inspire you, we encourage you to apply via the button. If you have any questions before applying, or want to have a general discussion about VSParticle, feel free to reach out to our Recruiter/HR Officer, Mia Imming at +31883080415.