About the role
At VSParticle we are passionate about innovation in nanotechnology for meaningful purposes. From our office in Delft, the Netherlands, we designed and developed a portfolio of Nanoparticle Generation and -Printing systems. Our current systems are research tools, allowing university researchers and R&D teams across the world to create new materials 10 times faster as with conventional systems! These new material combinations form the basis of revolutionary solutions for highly relevant applications, such as green hydrogen production and sensors for air quality measurements.
The goal of VSP goes beyond the research market and we are scaling the technology to move towards development and production tools for industrial customers. Therefore, we started the feasibility/concept phase of a semiconductor system and a roll-to-roll manufacturing system. As System Engineer, you support concept architecture designs and then take over the full responsibility from feasibility to industrial readiness.
What will you be doing?
- Create the overall system concept together with a part-time System Architect.
- Set up and lead feasibility studies.
- Be the owner of the System Requirements Specification.
- Specification of (sub)modules and definition of interfaces.
- Defining and writing specifications to outsource complex equipment at partners.
- Technical coordination and supervision both internal and at external partners.
- Work in a multidisciplinary project team and act as (technical) sparring partner to colleagues.
What do we require from you?
- A degree in Mechatronics, Aerospace, Mechanical or other relevant subject.
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant role, meaning a lead role in an end-to-end system development of an industrial high-tech system.
- Experience with semicon and/or deposition equipment design.
- Experience in bringing together various engineering disciplines within a system development environment, specifically with aerosols, vacuum and/or precision mechatronics.
- Affinity and/or experience with material development would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- Motivated to contribute towards providing solutions for some of the world’s biggest
Why should you join VSParticle?
We are a fast-growing startup where you can contribute to revolutionize materials development, enabling researchers to find solutions for some of the largest planetary challenges (e.g., green hydrogen production, fuel cell development). We are based in a modern office with multiple labs in the centre of Delft, but also offer possibilities for hybrid work.
We have a non-hierarchical organisational structure with a diverse and international group of colleagues. You can join the daily company lunch and participate to the regular social events we organize.
Next to a good salary, we offer participation in our pension scheme, 30 holidays, travel allowance, a personal development budget and the possibility to lease a bicycle (yes, we are a Dutch company 😊).
If VSParticle and the job description inspire you, we encourage you to apply via the button. If you have any questions before applying, or want to have a general discussion about VSParticle, feel free to reach out to our Recruiter/HR Officer, Mia Imming at +31883080415.